Friday, May 13, 2011

When Craiglist Sellers Kill

Today was a very emotional day for me, my mom called me to let me know that a friend's son had been murdered. His life had been cut short at the tender age of 18 and that absolutely devastated me. Garrett's dad has been a great friend to my family and a business mentor to my parents and us. He is a man that has shown us kindness and inspired us. To know that at this moment he is facing one of the biggest pains any parents can face, breaks my heart. Garrett was killed on Wednesday after answering a Craigslist ad that turned out to be a scam and robbery. He just wanted to buy a computer and ended up losing his life. What's even sadder is that the master-minds behind all of this were 3, 17 year old boys. YES! 17 what is this world coming to. All I can do I pray that God comforts Garrett's family and friends, and that he shows mercy to those kids who robbed parents of their son, sibling of a brother, and  Garrett of a full life.

No comments:

Post a Comment